UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant bivin
Participant

How to use Microblaze Master I2C bus with another VHDL component declared outside microblaze?

Hi

I want to use Microblaze Master I2C and another I2C declared outside micorblaze using a switch. For example consider I2c_microblaze_sda come as microblaze output and I2c_vhdl_sda is another signal defined using vhdl .

Consider i2c_sda is signal connected to pin of fpga.Now i need to switch between them using a signal i2c_sel as per given below (outside main vhdl process).

i2c_sda <= I2c_microblaze_sda when i2c_sel = '1' else I2c_vhdl_sda;

When above code is used , it is giving placement error that microblaze sda signal cannot be placed. i2c_sel signal is given different values within main process ( value changes depending on state diagram).

How to implement the same.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Explorer
Explorer

Re: How to use Microblaze Master I2C bus with another VHDL component declared outside microblaze?

Hi @bivin

Your both signals(I2c_microblaze_sda & I2c_vhdl_sda) are inout signals, am I right? Use IOBUF and try to mux the input and output signals seperately.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution if solved.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Madhu

0 Kudos