Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant
Participant

How to using OCM on zedboard?

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Could any one tell me how to write OCM from PS and read from PL?

I used to write DDR from PS and read from PL. But accessing ddr could be slow. Since my data is not that big. I want to use OCM to accelerate the process.

The screenshot below is how to used to access the data using DDR. Now, in order to using OCM, I just mapped the address from DDR to ocm(0x0000_0000 to 0x0003_FFFF). From the ps side, I write the data array to the address start from 0x0000_0000, and from PL side, I changed the read address to 0x0000_0000. I could still get the correct result, but the run-time is still almost the same. Any idea why it is not working?

Thanks a lot.

1.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to using OCM on zedboard?

Jump to solution
You should use ACP port to read/write from OCM. You can refer to the example design from https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/50826.html ; in this example, we write from AXI BRAM to OCM. You can modify the application to perform a read operation from OCM to BRAM too.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @3008202060,

Did you try via SDK to execute application from OCM?

Regards

Praveen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
You should use ACP port to read/write from OCM. You can refer to the example design from https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/50826.html ; in this example, we write from AXI BRAM to OCM. You can modify the application to perform a read operation from OCM to BRAM too.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Actually, it is working. Just the result is not what I expected. It only have 1.1X improvement when just changing from reading DDR to reading OCM.

0 Kudos