UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

I2C Slave address Si570 on ZC702 board.

Jump to solution

Hi, there

I am reading up the slides on how to program the XTP181 ZC702 Si570 Programming. 

My idea is to directly write to the Si570 to change the output frequency. 

The XTP181 source code writes to EEPROM instead of the Si570 itself. And the Si570 datasheet says the "The device I2C address is specified in the part number.". I cant seem to get the number. 

How can I get the address? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: I2C Slave address Si570 on ZC702 board.

Jump to solution

Thank you htsvn and gnarahar. 

I guess it's 5D since the si570_programming.c works on my board and the address in the source code uses 5D. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

@lis_user1 From the BOM, the part# is 570BAB000544DG . Input that here 

http://www.silabs.com/VCXOPartNumber/Pages/default.aspx

You will get the I2C address as 5D (hex)

si570_i2c.JPG

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

hi,

this information is available in the schematic. Refer to the page 2 of http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/zc702_zvik/xtp185-zc702-schematic-rev1-1.pdf

snapshot attached.

--hs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Capture.png
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Thank you htsvn and gnarahar. 

I guess it's 5D since the si570_programming.c works on my board and the address in the source code uses 5D. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos