UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant dpandya9488
Participant

I2C interface with PS to control motor-driver set-up

Hi,

I want to interface a slave controller to PS of ZC702 pins over I2C interface (IIC0 channel). The slave controller communicates with driver IC which controls the motor movements and direction.

What IP settings I should do on Processing System IP in Vivado..I have right now interfaced SCL to C30 (J3, FMC1, ZC702) and SDA to C31 (J3, FMC1, ZC7020) and in PS point of view MIO 50 (SCL) and MIO 51 (SDA) should be used..

What are other settings I should do in Zynq_PS IP core to prepare this I2C code and boot the board with SD card image file.. Please suggest or share any guide/reference web-link for the same..

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: I2C interface with PS to control motor-driver set-up

Hi @dpandya9488,

What IP settings I should do on Processing System IP in Vivado..I have right now interfaced SCL to C30 (J3, FMC1, ZC702) and SDA to C31 (J3, FMC1, ZC7020) and in PS point of view MIO 50 (SCL) and MIO 51 (SDA) should be used..

>> You can use PS IIC controller routed via MIO in PS configuration window -> I/O peripherals to respective said pins.

What are other settings I should do in Zynq_PS IP core to prepare this I2C code and boot the board with SD card image file.. Please suggest or share any guide/reference web-link for the same.

>> Lets say you're using baremetal then need to have slave driver ready. Please refer to IIC examples templates in SDK.

This will show how to add slave driver files and initialize PS IIC to communicate with slave device.

Regards

Praveen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------