UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor mohit.tomar
Visitor

IPs for Microblaze MSC

HI,

Is there any IP which can interface with Microblaze MSC?

I want to interface multiple UART with Microblaze MSC. As Microblaze MSC support only one UART port and IO bus port also. can i used IO bus port for interface multiple UART IP?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: IPs for Microblaze MSC

Hi @mohit.tomar,

Please try using AXI Uartlite or AXI Uart16500 IPs for the purpose to interface with MCS.

Regards

Praveen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor mohit.tomar
Visitor

Hi Praveen, 

How can we interface AXI Uartlite with MCS, as MCS don't support AXI Interface?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @mohit.tomar,

Please refer to this post:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Processor-System-Design/Microblaze-MCS-to-AXI-lite/td-p/662917

Here it's explained about Microblaze MSC to AXI lite interface using IO bus. Create a bridge IP between IO Bus and AXI lite interface.  once you created then you are free to add many peripherals like uarts, i2c, xadc, etc to your Microblaze MSC.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos