UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie xianle_wang

If I only use XCZU19EG PL and not use PS,how to connect power and reset and other signals

If I only use XCZU19EG PL and not use PS,how to connect power and reset. especially the power on RESET and SRST.Because I don't want to use PS,can I pull down the power on reset (V23)directly? I can reset PL at the same time? and the SRST can make PL reset?  The PS_REF_CLK is necessary ? the FPGA temp sencer can be used?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar jg_bds
Scholar

Re: If I only use XCZU19EG PL and not use PS,how to connect power and reset and other signals

So what I hear you saying is, someone gave you a ZU19EG:

2019-01-31_16-39-16.jpg

but what you really wanted was a KU15P:

2019-01-31_16-40-05.jpg

Given all the grief and aggravation it's going to cost you, wouldn't it be easier to simply get the right chip?

-Joe G.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Re: If I only use XCZU19EG PL and not use PS,how to connect power and reset and other signals

You must use the PS.  The PL is not enabled and not programmable without the some basic setup by the PS.

The PL has no fundamental user reset just the configuration init (connected to PROG_B in FPGA only devices) and user resets (which can be connected to any user pin) .  I believe the SRST can be connected to the config init but not as a user pin to the PL

0 Kudos