UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Local memory (BRAM) size limitations for Micorblaze

Hi All,

I want to have a local memory of 256 KB for the microblaze. From various sources, I read that the LMB BRAM Interface Controller can not have. For example, here it is mentioned that the LMB BTAM Interface Controller can support up to 128 KB. 

Additionally, PG 116 states that "The size of the local memory is parameterized and can be between 4 kB and 128 kB."

So, I am confused because of above conflicting information about local memory size. Can I have a local memory that is larger than 128 KB? If so, could you please let me how can I have a local memory for the microblaze that is equal to 256 KB ? Using DDR is no option for me. 

Thanks all

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Local memory (BRAM) size limitations for Micorblaze

You can increase the size in the address editor. There is a limitation of the BRAM size in the block automation to 128Kb. This is due to fact that you might see timing issues with the address strobe on larger memories. However, you should be fine with 256KB

0 Kudos