UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor philjp
Visitor

LwIP malloc fails when configuring FPGA via SystemACE but not when running from SDK (EDK13.1)

Hi,

I have a problem with a LwIP application whereby it will run when configuring the FPGA and downloading the elf file from SDK but fails when the FPGA is configured and the software is downloaded using SystemACE.

It appears that the FPGA and s/w download is working correctly as my header xil_printf messages are produced.  However I then get the message "incorrect configuration: xps_ethernetlite drivers not present?".

I have traced the reason for the message to a malloc failing (returning null in the xpqueue.c Xilinx driver module) when trying to allocate a 524 byte data structure.  This is the only malloc call in the code.  My stack and heap are each set to 0x40000 and the application is executed in SDRAM (on a ML605 dev board).

I commented out the malloc call and returned a fixed address in free SDRAM space.  It then no longer produced the error message but failed further on in the application.  So it appears that the SDRAM may not be configured correctly or pre-initialized variables (as used by malloc) are being corrupted before code execution.

So I guess the question is what does SystemACE do differently to when downloading and executing the software from SDK using XMD?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Phil 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: LwIP malloc fails when configuring FPGA via SystemACE but not when running from SDK (EDK13.1)

Is the software you download using SystemACE compiled using "debug" or "release"?

0 Kudos
Visitor philjp
Visitor

Re: LwIP malloc fails when configuring FPGA via SystemACE but not when running from SDK (EDK13.1)

It is compiled using release.  I have tried both release and debug build settings and the same problem results.  However it never fails when running from SDK using XMD.

0 Kudos