UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor aster_gio
Visitor

MUX EMIO driven

Jump to solution

Hello people,
My system is composed of 4 IP blocks, eachone has a 32 bit output port. These are multiplexed and the output of multiplexer is connected to the EMIO of the zynq7000. I connected the driving signal of the Multiplexer at EMIO (output) port ( as In figure).
Based on what I read this doesn't work, it creates conflict because the 2 bit assigned for S(mux's driving signal) are also part of 32 bit in input. Is there anyway to assign the pins to use or to avoid the conflict?
muxproblem.JPG
P.S I can't  use AXI, I must use GPIO(EMIO) or others connection

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor aster_gio
Visitor

Re: MUX EMIO driven

Jump to solution

I solved my problem. I made a customizable block that simply take n+j bit in input (n=number of bit to read ; j= number of bit of the mux selector) and in output has j bit to drive the mux, these bit are last  j bit of the word n+j . In this way, I drive only the two last bit (as output pin) of the EMIO and I don't create conflict between Input and output. See the figure for an example.muxproblem_solved.JPG

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

Jump to solution

Why exactly can't you put your MUX input on GPIO2 (instead of led_4_bits) and your input at GPIO1 (instead of dip_switches_4bits)?

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
gpio.PNG
0 Kudos
Visitor aster_gio
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you for the answer. Can I do that directly?
As I said I must not use the AXI port for this MUX.

0 Kudos
Visitor aster_gio
Visitor

Jump to solution

I solved my problem. I made a customizable block that simply take n+j bit in input (n=number of bit to read ; j= number of bit of the mux selector) and in output has j bit to drive the mux, these bit are last  j bit of the word n+j . In this way, I drive only the two last bit (as output pin) of the EMIO and I don't create conflict between Input and output. See the figure for an example.muxproblem_solved.JPG

0 Kudos
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

Jump to solution

@aster_gio

You can use the standard "Slice" for bit ripping

https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/xlslice.html

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
Visitor aster_gio
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you @hbucher, I don't why I didn't find that IP before, however it has the same function of my block, so I will use also  it.
Thank you for the tip!

0 Kudos