UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microblaze (10.0) with AXI IIC (2.0)

Hello, 

I am currently trying to get the I2C working with the Microblaze via SDK and I have tried following the "xiic_eeprom_example.c" example as well as the "xiic_low_level_eeprom_example.c". 

Everything Initializes properly however, I do not receive any interrupts and/or I can't read/write data. 

I have set up debug probes and see I2C data writing on the line but the data is incorrect.

I have been able to get the IIC working with a Zynq but now that I am trying with an Artix-7 I haven't had any luck, I can provide any files that might help debug my issue (sdk c code, vhdl, etc)

I would appreciate some support, thank you.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Microblaze (10.0) with AXI IIC (2.0)

Hi samuel.foster,

hope you already found the problem, otherwise when you say that everything initializes properly you mean the interrupt controller and the I2c module? Are both ready and started?

Your code stuck in this line code?

while ((TransmitComplete) || (XIic_IsIicBusy(&IicInstance) == TRUE))

regards

0 Kudos

Hi,

Were you able to debug the application and check at which line execution is getting stuck?

Could you please share your SDK workspace as zip so that I can debug the issue?

Regards

Praveen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes both are ready and stared.

And yes it does get stuck in that loop. The code never enters the interrupt handler and TransmitComplete never goes to 0.

Regards
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen, 

As posted above, It is stuck in the "while ((TransmitComplete) || (XIic_IsIicBusy(&IicInstance) == TRUE))" loop.

I have attached my sdk workspace.

Thank you,

Samuel

0 Kudos