UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor antocas
Visitor

Microblaze programming error

Hello everyone.

I'm new in Zynq. I'm trying to implement a system with Zynq and a Microblaze, wich are both conected to a BRAM via CDMA.
I can configure the FPGA and program the PS, but I can't program the Microblaze because Vivado SKD gives me "MicroBlaze instruction insert overrun" error. Any ideas?.

Thanks for your help. Regards.
Antonio.

P.D: Sorry about my english, it's kind of rusty.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Re: Microblaze programming error

Can you give a screenshot of your IPI block diagram?

0 Kudos
Visitor antocas
Visitor

Thanks for the reply.

I changed the design, hoping I could fix it. Now, when I try to program the FPGA I can't program it with bootloop on microblaze (but I can program it with no .elf on Microblaze). I deleted all my project trying to make a clean start but it crash the same way.

I tried to connect via mdm and download some .elf test file to the microblaze and it works, but I would like to use the system using a SD and I don't think this would help me at all.

I hope you can help me. Thanks for all.
Antonio

Sys_1.png
SDK.png
SDK_1.png
0 Kudos
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Thanks. I will take a look.
0 Kudos
Visitor antocas
Visitor

Thanks!

Please, don't bother too much. I'm just learning and I would like to try different configurations. I asked because I would like to know some possible problems, probably I just make some mistake somewhere.

Thank you for all the trouble, I really appreciate it. If you could give me a hit I really appreciate it. I know it's not usual, I just want you to save the hassle.
Antonio.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone solved this issue? I'm having the same problem and have been stuck for days.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

From the diagram, it looks like your microblaze uses the fclk from the PS. Therefore, you need to download the PL, and you need to initialize the PS.

So the simplest way to get up and running, create and run a simple hello world on the PS. You can create a run configuration for hello world that will download PL, run ps7_init, run post config (enables level shifters between PL and PS), and runs hello. Then try downloading and running your microblaze app.

0 Kudos

The wiki below shows a microblaze and zynq. This particular use case the microblaze is executing from ps ddr, so a little bit more complicated than your use case. However, it should help

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842424/Execute+Microblaze+Application+from+PS+DDR

0 Kudos