UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor davidbowman
Visitor

Microblaze "hangs" in simulation

Hi,

I'm trying to get my XPS project simulating properly.  I open the system in ISE (13.2), ask it to generate a testbench and then simulate the system.  All seems fine except that the micro loads a half-dozen instructions or so and then never seems to load any more. 

I've simulated out to 3 ms in both isim and modelsim and i get the same result.  The iLMB correctly reads the instruction at 0xBC000000 (I've checked the dissassembly in the ELF file) and then advances to 0xBC000004 but pulls the address strobe low so the read never occurs.....

Screen Shot:

Screenshot-ISim (O.61xd) - [Default.wcfg*].png

Any suggestions much appreciated

Dave

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Visitor davidbowman
Visitor

Re: Microblaze "hangs" in simulation

Update:

I've upgraded to 13.3 and things have changed a little.  Now the instruction bus seems to tick away happily (after 50 us or so) but apart from the first 6 or so instructions they are all zero (this matches what I see in the memory view).  So it seems like the memory is not being initialised except for the first handful of bytes....

Am I missing something here?

TIA

Dave

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor davidbowman
Visitor

Update II:

After tracing through all the mem files I slowly making progress on this.  It seems that data2mem is not working.  If I call it from the command line with the "-d -o m mem_file.mem" set it produces a mem file that looks fine (but is of course only a single mem file) but if I do it "properly" with the "-bx" option I get a few instructions at addresses 0x0 and 0x8 and the rest of the .mem is empty.

Help please! - xilinx?  anyone??

0 Kudos
Observer dawatson
Observer

Hey David

How you getting on with this? I'm at the same point with the Microblaze stalling at the first instruction (weirdly the same as yours in the waveform!) and using ISE 13.1. Do you know if it is a BRAM initialisation problem?

Cheers

David

0 Kudos