UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor impactsubsea
Visitor

Missing PS_MIO_VREF pin on XC7Z007S for RGMII

Jump to solution

Hi,

In UG933 page 56 it says about the importance of connecting the PS_MIO_VREF pin in order to use the PS RGMII interface, which I need to connect to a DP83822 phy.

I am using the 225 pin Zynq (XC7Z007S-1CLG225C) and it doesn't seem to have this pin!

Does this mean the RGMII interface over the PS MIO pins is useless or will it work fine without the PS_MIO_VREF pin?

All my PS and PL IO banks operate at 1.8V. I did see someone saying something like the PS_MIO_VREF pin isn't needed for 1.8V but can't see any documentation about that.

Does anyone know about the PS_MIO_VREF on the 225 pin package?

Alastair

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Missing PS_MIO_VREF pin on XC7Z007S for RGMII

Jump to solution

Impactsubsea,

Just use a VCCO based IOSTANDARD like LVCMOS18 for your RGMII inputs then. You only need reference voltage for certain reference voltage based IOSTANDARDs like SSTL or HSTL. 

This 225 package is meant to be low cost and small form factor so redundant pins were most likely deprecated. Looks like the 7010 also had the same issue in the 225 package as well even though it made out quite a bit earlier than the 7007S. 

Regards,

T

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
1 Reply

Re: Missing PS_MIO_VREF pin on XC7Z007S for RGMII

Jump to solution

Impactsubsea,

Just use a VCCO based IOSTANDARD like LVCMOS18 for your RGMII inputs then. You only need reference voltage for certain reference voltage based IOSTANDARDs like SSTL or HSTL. 

This 225 package is meant to be low cost and small form factor so redundant pins were most likely deprecated. Looks like the 7010 also had the same issue in the 225 package as well even though it made out quite a bit earlier than the 7007S. 

Regards,

T

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.