UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer loyalluna
Observer

Multiple DRAM access by ACP

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I want to have multiple parallel access to DRAM from PL section, is it acheivable?
I need the data to be coherent, means that I should use ACP port.
I did read and write through different HP ports once, means I could read and write at the same time from different ports. However, I do not know the ACP port has this ability to accept read and wtite in parallel from just one interface?
to use ACP port I use an AXI interconnect to connect many Masters to it and then connect the interconnect to the ACP prot. does it make sense?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Multiple DRAM access by ACP

Jump to solution
No. Zynq ACP has a total ID width of 3.

You can have a single master of 3 ID bits. Or up 8 masters without IDs going through an AXI Interconnect. Or up to 4 masters who each have 1 ID bit of their own. All of which add up to 3 bits of total ID width.

Or in theory you can write your own core with stores/removes/reflects the ID and have as many masters as you want.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Yes, you can use an AXI Interconnect to share a single ACP interface for coherence- just add the Interconnect IP, connect up the clocks, and make sure the ACP CACHE and USER signaling is handled.

Good luck!

Dylan

0 Kudos
Observer loyalluna
Observer

Jump to solution

@dylan
So I used interconnect and was successfull while I used just three AXI MASTER.
when I added the forth one I received this message:

[BD 41-237] Bus Interface property AWUSER_WIDTH does not match between /processing_system7_0/S_AXI_ACP(5) and /axi_interconnect_1/m00_couplers/auto_pc/M_AXI(0)

I used two interconnect to solve it but no success.

AXI Masters I used are 64bits and 32 bits which have different burst length.

Any suggestion?

0 Kudos
Observer loyalluna
Observer

Jump to solution
When I add the forth AXI Master I received this :
[BD 41-237] Bus Interface property ID_WIDTH does not match between /processing_system7_0/S_AXI_ACP(3) and /axi_mem_intercon/m00_couplers/auto_pc/M_AXI(4)

and the previous one was when I used two different Master AXI s
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

The ACP interface is up to 3 bits wide of AXI ID. To have 4 masters, you would have a minimum of 2 bits of ID. To have 4 bits of ID, you must have a master which has at least two bits of ID on the master itself, or are perhaps cascading interconnects.

In other words, the total ID width is the widest ID width on a master, plus log2 of the number of masters.

0 Kudos
Observer loyalluna
Observer

Jump to solution

@dylan So, the ACP interface can accept totally 4 Master AXI ?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
No. Zynq ACP has a total ID width of 3.

You can have a single master of 3 ID bits. Or up 8 masters without IDs going through an AXI Interconnect. Or up to 4 masters who each have 1 ID bit of their own. All of which add up to 3 bits of total ID width.

Or in theory you can write your own core with stores/removes/reflects the ID and have as many masters as you want.
0 Kudos
Observer loyalluna
Observer

Jump to solution
Thanks
0 Kudos