UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor new_student
Visitor

OSERDES2 simulation - no output

Hi,

I'm currently working with the OSERDES of a Zynq. If I'm using the SelectIO wizard, everything works fine.

But for my current project I need to use the OSERDES2 directly in my VHDL files. So I used the templates and the reference design files from XAPP585. But if I try to run my testbench, the outputs stay in state 'X' all the time.

Since the clocks and the reset work as expected during simulation, I think I made a mistake with the OSERDES2.

May you pleas have a look at the attached VHDL file, please?

Best regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor new_student
Visitor

Re: OSERDES2 simulation - no output

Hi,

it seems like I found the Problem. If I assign the clock after some ns it works almost like expected.

Except that the serialised data is not in sync with CLKDIV. So I made a project with a minimalistic block design, including a clocking wizard and the selectIO core. Serialisation is set to SDR with a factor of 8. The DIVCLK is forwarded as well. CLK is set to 800MHz and CLKDIV to 100MHz; both via the clocking wizard.

Running the simulation results in a strange behavior. The clock is forwarded correctly and the data is serialised but the data is not in sync with the forwarded clock (CLKDIV)?

What am I missing here?

Attached you will find the minimalistic design.

Best regards.

0 Kudos