UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor gconstantine
Visitor

PLB-based peripheral read/write to DDR

I am creating a peripheral that will read/write to the DDR memory through the PLB bus.

Adhering to the specifications in the PLB_MASTER_BURST ipif user manual, I assert the signals exactly as described. I am not able to do a single-beat read, or a burst read from the DDR (mpmc) slave on the bus. After configuring the signals for a request, SOF and EOF go LOW (without the bus asserting Bus2IP_Cmd_Ack).

At first I thought there was a problem with my plb_master implementation, so I created a plb_slave ipif using the peripheral wizard, and was able to read from it normally.

Does the mpmc on the plb bus fully comply with the specifications? Is this a bug?

I have been tackling this for almost a week. Has anybody had any success with read/write from a peripheral to the DDR (not using a microblaze core?)

I have tried 14.1 ,14.4,14.6 versions of the ISE. I am using a XUPV5 virtex5 board.

Thanks for any help! 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor gconstantine
Visitor

Re: PLB-based peripheral read/write to DDR

EDIT: After viewing the MPMC mpd file, it seems that the default definition doesn't allow for bursts on a plb port. 

Does anybody know what the correct procedure would be to enable slave burst access on a plb port of the MPMC?

0 Kudos