UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer xlgforever
Observer

PLB or AXI4

Jump to solution

my device is KC705, it is a 7 series device. when i start a project in XPS, it tells me that "PLB is the legacy bus standard used by Xilinx that supports current FPGA families, including Spartan6 and Virtex6". is it means that i can't use PLB system on 7 series devices? 

by the way, i want to use the MB soft core in the system to communicate with other device(PLC or Digital Front End or something else), i don't know what kind of system is more suitable or more compatible or having nothin to do with this. could you please give me some advice?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer xlgforever
Observer

Re: PLB or AXI4

Jump to solution

oh, i see. thanks!

i just want to do some calculation with some customized IP cores and communicate with other FPGAs(maybe Altera). 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar dgisselq
Scholar

Jump to solution

@xlgforever,

To what extent tdo you intend to use Xilinx's IP?  Almost all of the IP has been switched to AXI4 with series 7.  AXI is the native interface used by the ARM cores within Zynq, so this makes sense in some ways.  If you are using any older Xilinx IP that didn't use AXI4 before, you may find that you need to switch to AXI4 now.

On the other hand, if you aren't using Xilinx IP, then you can use whatever bus interface and or interconnect you want.

Dan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer xlgforever
Observer

Jump to solution

oh, i see. thanks!

i just want to do some calculation with some customized IP cores and communicate with other FPGAs(maybe Altera). 

0 Kudos