UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

PS - PL communication

Jump to solution

Hi sir,

I have connected different peripherals(DDC(1553-B) chip, Digital inputs, Digital outputs,UART) at PL side. but i want to control it by using PS. For that i have written AXI slave VHDL program.Master AXI Reading and writing results are displaying an PS-UART on host PC.

When AXI master reading --->  The address asserting by master AXI is fine.

--->  The Data asserting by Slave(VHDL logic at PL side) is delaying 500 ns. (Reading DDC chip and corresponding data asserting on AXI slave)

* may be processor does not waiting that time , not getting result at HOST PC.

Then i have taken "AXI lite - APB" bus bridge to communicate PL but vivado not assigning the address to AXI-APB bridge. but when i am making it to external it is assigning the address. After assigning the address  i am making my APB logic in PL.but no results have observing in host PC.

* Please suggest the best way to communicate PL and PS.

*What is the maximum Processor( AXI master) wait time while reading from AXI slave?

Regards

Kasarla Ganesh

Untitled1.jpg
Untitled2.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: PS - PL communication

Jump to solution

Keep in mind that you are using Xil_In32 and Xil_Out32 which are exercising 32bit accesses. So your print format should be 0x%08x, temp should be unsigned int or better yet, u32, and your offset should increment by 4 due to the 32bit accesses.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Mentor watari
Mentor

Jump to solution

Hi @ganeshpatel

I don't have any answers. But I suggest to do simulation with ZYNQ VIP by xsim to clarify the route cause and to estimate a wait time.

Would you try it ?

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/processing_system7_vip/v1_0/ds940-zynq-vip.pdf

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi sir,

thanks for replying me. I tried what you suggested, but not in XSIM, on Hardware tried.finally i concluded its not delaying problem.

its writing problem of AXI master. i follwed below code SDK.

Untitled.png

my base address is 0X8000_0000. If i write base adress as  0X8000_0000 and offset as 0x0. then i am able to writing it and also
able to reading it. But if increase my offset address then writing and reading was not performing.

* if it is only writing and reading of a base address.

1.Example iteration code :

i= 0;
     while (1) {
      set_custom_ip_register(0x80000000, i, 0xa5a5); //set_custom_ip_register(base address, offset address, Data);
      xil_printf(".\r\n");
      temp5=get_custom_ip_register(0x80000000, 0x1); //get_custom_ip_register(base address, offset address);
      printf("Register 3 = 0x%02X\n\r", temp5);
*/
        xil_printf("2\r\n");
     }

conclusion : writing and reading success full.

2.Example iteration code :

/* receive and process packets */
     while (1) {

set_custom_ip_register(0x80000000, 0, 0xa5a5); //set_custom_ip_register(base address, offset address, Data);

temp3=get_custom_ip_register(0x80000000, 0);    //get_custom_ip_register(base address, offset address);
        printf("Register 3 = 0x%02X\n\r", temp3);

//---------up to here reading and writing fine---------------------

//------------if i increase offset address then its not performing
         set_custom_ip_register(0x80000000, 0x2, 0xc5c5);
        temp4=set_custom_ip_register(0x80000000, 0x4, 0xe5e5);*/
         printf("Register 3 = 0x%02X\n\r", temp4);
         xil_printf("2\r\n");
     }

conclusion : writing and reading address failed at offset address >1.

regards

Kasarla Ganesh

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Keep in mind that you are using Xil_In32 and Xil_Out32 which are exercising 32bit accesses. So your print format should be 0x%08x, temp should be unsigned int or better yet, u32, and your offset should increment by 4 due to the 32bit accesses.

View solution in original post

Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi sir,

Thanks  for your reply, i got the solution.

Thanks & Regards

Ganesh Kasarla

0 Kudos