UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Parallel interrupts in microblaze

Hello,

I am working in Spartan 6 microblaze. I want to run two interrupt handlers in parallel . I want two timers to run in parallel in single microblaze. Is there any option to do that ? Tried integrating two microblaze in FPGA so that  each timer interrupt runs in each. But was unable to do so , since the design did not fit in single FPGA. Please make suggestions.

Thanks in advance

With Regards

Shalini

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: Parallel interrupts in microblaze

sha@hys why do you want to do this? Are you sure they are going to happen simultaneously and that you can't tolerate the latency of delaying one of the interrupts? One way to deal with such a situation is to move the more latency sensitive interrupt handler (which one hopes has also lower computational requirement) to hardware ie make custom hardware which responds to the interrupt and keeps a state so that the mb can check how it was handled in due time.What does the interrupt handler logic look like? HLS might be a good use for this effort.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hello,

My requirement is to read some data from a BRAM memory , process it (do some floating point operation) and write it to another BRAM memory,This is time critical  and I am unable to finish operations within stipulated time interval of 9.48 us. So I decided to split operation of reading memory, performing some operation and then writing in to two timer interrupt that runs simultaneously , so that overall operation finish in 9.48us. This is not at all regarding latency. Also I could'nt understand 'make custom hardware which responds to the interrupt and keeps a state so that the mb can check how it was handled in due time'. Please make it clear. How can we use high level synthesis for this?

Thanks in advance

With Regards

Shalini

0 Kudos
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

sha@hys this is a perfect case for HLS. HLS makes the custom hw for you by converting your C code to RTL. You just take your single precision code which reads the bram, does the fp operations and write it back into a C/C++ function and synthesize this function. HLS tells you exactly how long it takes (say running at 5ns) and you can make it faster by adding more hw to it. Then the only thing you need to do from the MB is to trigger this IP.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Sir,

Thank you for the reply. I 'l update after trying it.

With Regards

Shalini

0 Kudos