UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor tejna
Visitor

Problem after adding MicroBlaze to the design

Hi,

I am fairly new to developing projects using FPGAs especially using Vivado tools. I am working on developing a graphics application on Arty S7 development board which has the Spartan7 FPGA. When I create the project just using VHDL, I am able to see the graphics output on screen. But when I create an IP core for the project and add Microblaze to it using IP Integrator, and export the hardware to SDK to program it, I am not able to see the right output on screen. I can just see a black screen, so not sure where I am going wrong. I was wondering if it has anything to do with clocking or timing. Again I am really sorry if the question seems basic, but do we have to add separate timing constraints file for the project? Because when I did the same project using Xilinx ISE, there was no need for manual timing constraints.

Thank you so much in advance for your time and help.

Tejna

0 Kudos