cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Processor System Reset not letting me change external reset polarity?

I have a design that has multiple reset signals for various reasons, and to generate the appropriate secondary resets I'm using a couple of processor system resets in the block design. I've had to delete and re-add them a couple of times, but for some reason now all of the new reset blocks I add in no longer allow me to change the ext reset logic level, they are fixed to auto. Why would this be? This is in Vivado 2017.1.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Processor System Reset not letting me change external reset polarity?

Hi,

Please share the block design you are using in 2017.1.

Could you clean the block design and recreate them? That may help.

Or, make ext_reset_in pin external and then change the polarity of external reset port to active high. After saving your design, tool would automatically change the polarity of ext_reset_in pin to active high.

Regards

Praveen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Can't share the design. At this point it's starting to look like every processor reset that I instantiate I can't change the polarity, whereas the processor resets that get instantiated when I do any sort of design automation in the block design, I can go and modify. Seeing as I need to get the design working, I just flipped the polarity of my reset signal and left it at that.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Just to add here, I ran into the similar issue. 2017.1, although Processor System Reset (5.0) GUI seems allow setting "Ext Reset Logic Level", but after change it to "1", click [OK] close reopen, it stuck at "0". And my hardware test shows, it's "0".

0 Kudos
Highlighted

The input reset signals polarity are propagated from the ports driving them.

Is this the case here?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hello,

I have the same issue and the driving port is defined as RST port. I have set the dirving port level to logic 1 but the Ext Reset In polarity stuck at logic level 0. I can update the AUX Reset in with same method bu not Ext Reset In.

Thank you

0 Kudos