UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor cdpalmer3
Visitor

Qt in windows environment for Zynq?

For better or worse I have tried to rebuild (and build a modified version) of sobel_qt from the trd. I attempted to follow the directions on the wiki, they seem to be fairly linux centric and my tools are windows based.  I did suceed in building the qt crosscompile "includes" under a virtual Linux machine, but bringing them back to Windows and pointing at them does not seem to work. It seems that the makefile is issuing commands that are not happy in windows world.

Are there instructions on setting up the windows environment? Or should I just bite the bullet and perform the whole process under Linux (which would seem to require installing the Linux tools).

I followed these instructions http://wiki.xilinx.com/zynq-base-trd-qt   and brought the results back to a directory on

My guess is that the build is expecting to be invoked under Linux, but I am not sure.

I was following this until about step 9.2. There built is a reference to the Qt/Qwt libraries which I successfully build under Linux. I tar-ed up the result, moved it to a location under windows, modified the Makefile to point at the ZYNQ_QT_INSTALL. Things don't work at the next step which is build all but I am pointing at the correct utils dir.

Do I need the GNU utilities installed under windows ? If so are there instructions?

Thanks, Chuck

http://wiki.xilinx.com/zynq-base-trd-14-2#toc5

**** Build of configuration Default for project sobel_qt_orig ****

make all
makefile:131: warning: overriding commands for target `.c.o'
makefile:128: warning: ignoring old commands for target `.c.o'
mkdir -p moc obj
../../../../../Xilinx/install_cdp/bin/uic ui/mainwindow.ui -o ui/ui_mainwindow.h
process_begin: CreateProcess(C:\Xilinx\install_cdp\bin\uic, ../../../../../Xilinx/install_cdp/bin/uic ui/mainwindow.ui -o ui/ui_mainwindow.h, ...) failed.
make (e=193): Error 193
make: *** [ui/ui_mainwindow.h] Error 193

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Visitor cdpalmer3
Visitor

Re: Qt in windows environment for Zynq?

As a follow-up, I note that the makefile has an early entry

CC            = ${CROSS_COMPILE}gcc

In Linux I am setting the PATH to include the location of the cross compiler. This seems to imply that a similar location has been defined for the tools in windows... Where should this be getting set? Is there a pointer to associated documentation.

... chuck

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Qt in windows environment for Zynq?

I have run into the same issue, and unfortunately don't have a solution ...

The Xilinx wiki pages indicate that the sobel_qt application can be built with SDK under Windows:

http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Zynq+Base+TRD+14.2, section 9.2

http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Zynq+Base+TRD+14.3, section 9.2

http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Zynq+Base+TRD+14.4, section 9.2

I am suspicious that the sobel_qt project can be built with SDK under Windows.

Has anyone been successful doing this ?

I used the pre-built Qt libraries that are provided in the qt_lib.img file in the SD card contents.

With a VMWare linux (Ubuntu) machine, I performed the following:

mkdir qt_zynq_install

sudo mount -o loop qt_lib.img zynq_qt_install

tar cvf zynq_qt_install.tgz zynq_qt_install

Then I copied the tarball to my Windows file system, and extracted it.

I noticed that symbolic links were not preserved on the Windows file system.

As an example, the following 

zynq_qt_install/mkspecs/default was suppoed to link to zynq_qt_install/mkspecs/qws/linux-arm-gnueabi-g++  

I'm not sure if I handled this correctly, but here is what I did ...

make a copy of the mkspecs/qws/linux-arm-gnueabi-g++ directory at mkspecs/default

After importing the sobel_qt project in SDK, and updating the ZYNQ_QT_INSTALL variable in the makefile,

I get the following build error:

**** Build of configuration Default for project sobel_qt ****

make all

makefile:132: warning: overriding commands for target `.c.o'

makefile:129: warning: ignoring old commands for target `.c.o'

mkdir -p moc obj

../../../../../../qt/zynq_qt_install/bin/uic ui/mainwindow.ui -o ui/ui_mainwindow.h

process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, ../../../../../../qt/zynq_qt_install/bin/uic ui/mainwindow.ui -o ui/ui_mainwindow.h, ...) failed.

make (e=193): Error 193

make: *** [ui/ui_mainwindow.h] Error 193

Regards,

Mario Bergeron

0 Kudos