UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor onofognol
Visitor

Run bare-metal program from OCM using the SDK flow?

Jump to solution

I'm trying to exercise the SODIMM on my ZC706, and to do so properly, it would be ideal to have no PS.  Unfortunately, it appears that I need to have a PS to use the UART, or any other peripherals I might use to log my results.

Is there a way to write a small program in the HLS/SDK flow (say, that just reads from an AXI interface and writes to the UART), and have it run entirely in the OCM, Flash, or pinned in the cache?

I looked at some sources from the Xilinx wiki, but it is not clear how I would set something like this up with the SDK tool chain.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Run bare-metal program from OCM using the SDK flow?

Jump to solution

Hi @onofognol ,

Yes, you can run the applications from OCM. Create an application in SDK to read from PL Slave ( you can use Xil_In32 and Xil_Out32 functions to read write from any PL address). after this go to the inker script (ld file) and change the memory entries to OCM then this application will runs from OCM. 

also Please refer this: https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842377/Zynq-7000+AP+SoC+Boot+-+Booting+and+Running+Without+External+Memory+Tech+Tip

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Run bare-metal program from OCM using the SDK flow?

Jump to solution

Hi @onofognol ,

Yes, you can run the applications from OCM. Create an application in SDK to read from PL Slave ( you can use Xil_In32 and Xil_Out32 functions to read write from any PL address). after this go to the inker script (ld file) and change the memory entries to OCM then this application will runs from OCM. 

also Please refer this: https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842377/Zynq-7000+AP+SoC+Boot+-+Booting+and+Running+Without+External+Memory+Tech+Tip

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post