UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer tarekeldeeb
Observer

SDRAM is not accessible from any processor behind system_cache

Hello,

I'm building a multicore SoC using XPS 14.7 and a Spartan-6 LX150T. My system looks like:

cache.png

The XPS flow continues with success, I can then build a test C application.The problem I face is that the system_cache and the SDRAM are no longer accessibile from any microblaze core.  So the C application can print to UART but cannot access the SDRAM. So the below warnings are REAL and cannot be ignored.

I'm attaching the mhs as well.

Please support on this.

WARNING:EDK:3967 - axi2axi_connector (axi2axi_connector_0) - ADDRESS specified by PARAMETER C_S_AXI_RNG01_BASEADDR is ignored - C:\WS\C5S\2_Castle5_Dev\3_INT_TEMPLATE_QUADCORE__v14.7__\3_INT_TEMPLATE_QUADCORE\INT_TEMPLATE_QUADCORE_MC5\HW\system.mhs line 483 
WARNING:EDK:2137 - Peripheral system_cache_0 is not accessible from any processor in the system. Check Bus Interface connections and address parameters. 
WARNING:EDK:2137 - Peripheral sdram_ddr3 is not accessible from any processor in the system. Check Bus Interface connections and address parameters. 
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SDRAM is not accessible from any processor behind system_cache

hi,

what is system_cache IP in your MHS?

the MHS shows SDRAM is at 0x8000_0000 however the cache enabled on both the microblaze processors is at 0x0xA8000000

--hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer tarekeldeeb
Observer

Thanks for your prompt reply, 

The address 0x8000_0000 was a typo, I corrected it, Project > Clean  all, rebuild >> same warnings.

system_cache enables L2 cache for multicore design. It implements cache coherency for all cores connecting their ACE_DC and ACE_IC microblaze ports.

0 Kudos
Observer tarekeldeeb
Observer

Analyzing the log, I found:

Performing Clock DRCs...
Performing Reset DRCs...
Overriding system level properties...
INFO: Setting C_RANGE_CHECK = OFF for axi_interconnect axi_sdram; no DECERR checking will be performed.

C_RANGE_CHECK is ON for other busses. Why is XPS neglecting the address ranges from this bus?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Range check is disabled for point to point interconnect designs. There must still be an issue with your Microblaze cache setup.

Dylan

0 Kudos
Observer tarekeldeeb
Observer

Hello,

I'm attaching the mhs after typo fix. Can you build a project using the mhs and check what's wrong. I've been reading the data sheets for both microblaze and system cache with no luck till now.

Additionally, I did not find any reference project for multicore microblaze using system_cache.

Please support on this.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The root cause of the problem is that EDK is not able to include the DDR in the address map in this case. This means that the LMB automatic address mask calculation (C_MASK) is not able to take the DDR into account. This results in accesses meant for the DDR ending up in LMB instead.

To fix this, the correct address mask has to be assigned manually (see the attached system_fixed.mhs).

After doing this, I have run DDR memory tests correctly on both processors on SP605 (where I also had to change C_MCB_RZQ_LOC and C_MCB_ZIO_LOC).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer tarekeldeeb
Observer

I still get the unmapped address warning.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Yes, this warning will remain, because of the EDK address map limitation. However, you should be able to access the DDR correctly.

0 Kudos