UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer 148128
Observer

SPI I/O

Hi guys, 

I have specific question about SPI driver. Is there any easy way to controll direction of MISO/MOSI pin according to extended SPI standart with SDIO pin exchanging function of MISO and MOSI ? From ARM I got 3 signals for both miso and mosi, so I hope there is some easy way how to drive _t signal without mode change, but I still sannot find it. 

Anyone can help me ? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: SPI I/O

Take a look at this thread: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Welcome-Join/adc-3-pin-spi/m-p/687805/highlight/true#M34851

I was able to use this technique on the microzed to talk to a 3-wire ADC slave. I used an AXI-GPIO module to control the tristate flag of the IOBUF primitive. I couldn't find an easy way to do 3-wire SPI in Linux, I'm not sure if the Linux SPI kernel module supports it properly, I could be wrong though. Using a GPIO to control the IOBUF was way easier, in my opinion.

0 Kudos
Observer 148128
Observer

Re: SPI I/O

driving SPI this way is easy, but I work with bare metal (ARM core) and I hope that there is way how to drive those pins especially when there is direction driving pin.
I think that this is just sw library driver problem...
0 Kudos