UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant barrygmoss
Participant

Setting clock frequency for a BRAM_CTRL interface in IP Integrator

Jump to solution

I have a block design with two BRAM True Dual Generator blocks. One port of each goes to an AXI BRAM Controller. The other port is brought out as an external port to be interfaced to custom Verilog logic.

rra_bd.png

The problem that I'm having is that I can't seem to find anyway to set the clock frequency for the external BRAM interfaces. Hence, I'm getting warnings because the clock rate that I'm actually operating at is much higher than the default 20 MHz that Vivado assigns to this port during OOC generation of the block outputs. How can I specify a clock frequency for this interface so that my OOC generation will run with a reasonable constraint? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Setting clock frequency for a BRAM_CTRL interface in IP Integrator

Jump to solution
You can right click on the ipi fabric, and select create port. Set the type to clock, direction as out. You can the connect this to your clock source
3 Replies

Jump to solution
You can right click on the ipi fabric, and select create port. Set the type to clock, direction as out. You can the connect this to your clock source
Participant barrygmoss
Participant

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion, Stephen. 

I assume that this means I need to break out the entire BRAM interface as individual ports then? Or is there some way to just isolate the clock port of the BRAM interface? I certainly don't want to have duplicates of that port once I've generated the BD. I've run into some problems before trying to access one signal of a full interface.

Regards,

Barry

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Where are you seeing the error? Only the input clocks in IPI would care about the frequency.the clock frequency of the clk_a/b will be the same as the input clock to the controller.
0 Kudos