UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer oska874
Observer

Speed of SATA on mpsoc is too slow??

We make our own board with ultralscale mpsoc, it has two sata 3.0. We use both of the two sata with SSD.

We test the write speed of two sata SSD. If we use only one of the two sata SSD, the write speed is almost 360MB/s .but if we use both two sata SSD simultaneously, the write speed of one sata SSD slow down to 290MB/s.

The operating system is linux built from petalinux 2018.2. We use linux aio and two process to write data to sata disk.

How to solve this problem, speed up the write speed of sata.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scholar watari
Scholar

Re: Speed of SATA on mpsoc is too slow??

Hi @oska874

I'm not familiar with petalinux and SATA.

However it seems bus performance issue.

Would you share more information about your design ?

(ex. how to connect peripherals ? bus width ? and so on)

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Observer oska874
Observer

Hello,

Mpsoc has two sata3 controller(6Gbps),and we connect two sata ssd to each one directly. Data are write from ddr4(2G,DDR4-3200) in different address to the two ssd.That's all.

0 Kudos
Observer tungdam
Observer

Hello @oska874,

I am working with zynqMP zcu102 and I need to write data from DDR4 (4GB, 2400MHz) to seagate HDD via SATA3.0 port on board. However, the performance is too slow (100 MB/s). I use petalinux 2018.3.

Would you please give me some advices how to improve the perfomance ? I use /dev/mmap to read data from DDR4 and write to HDD.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos