UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Embedded Processor IP

hi can anyone help me I want to use the zynq 7020 for a project but i am unable to use all my ports 

i am using the free software

i am unable to use bank 501

is there a lock on the pins as it saying read only

i like to use the embedded processors but i am finding

a lot of my port pin are used for FIXED_IO

or is it because I am using the free web software

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

Re: USB Embedded Processor IP

Hi,

The only limitations when using the free WebPACK edition of Vivado are that it's device locked and not for commercial use, so there should be no restrictions for your project.

In order to use the embedded processors you need to create a block design and add a processing system to it. Then you can map PS to the IO ports. There should be a lot of tutorials on how to do this.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Bank 501 is used by PS, those are fixed IOs. You can only configure them. You can't custom use them from HDL

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

@recyclehere wrote:

Hi,

The only limitations when using the free WebPACK edition of Vivado are that it's device locked and not for commercial use, so there should be no restrictions for your project.

Webpack is not restricted to non-commercial use.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/General-Technical-Discussion/WebPack-and-commercial-use/m-p/50006#M2343

---

Joe Samson

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for pointing out. I didn't know that.
0 Kudos