UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer chandu_sri
Observer

Using Zynq APSOC and kintex FPGA together in a design

Hi there,

I want implement my project using Zynq 7045 APSOC and Kintex fpga together in one project. Is this possible? if yes can someone guide me how to implement such designs.

Thanks in advance,

Chandusri.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: Using Zynq APSOC and kintex FPGA together in a design

It's definitely possible, but wouldn't it be easier to just use a bigger Zynq device and leave out the Kintex?

Implementing a dual-chip system should be easy. Design a board with both chips, connect them with an interface of your choice (SPI is a particularly straightforward interface to do on an FPGA since it's essentially just a shift register), then include a suitable IP in each project to use that interface. Problem solved.

0 Kudos
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

yes, this is certainly possible. I have worked on a design with a 7010 next to a very large virtex7. All you need to do is to connect some wires between the two chips and add AXI chip2chip; voila you have an integrated system (you size the wires between the two chips according to your bandwidth needs).
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Observer chandu_sri
Observer

@muzaffer

Thanks for the info i will get back to you if i need any further help. if possible can you attach your block design or any related files...that could be of great help to me.

Chandusri

0 Kudos
Observer chandu_sri
Observer

Thanks for the info i will get back to you if i need any further help. if possible can you attach any related block design or files...that could be of great help to me

Chandusri
0 Kudos