UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor fictive
Visitor

Using the amba bus

Hello,
I don't know if I post it on the right forum, sorry if I wrong.
i have the Zedboard.
i have searched a lot but I probaly miss the point.

i want to use data and to transfer data from the processing system to the programable logic section via the amba bus
is there any library for c that have function to implement the amba bus ?
for example
sendDatatobus(data,addr)
or something like that?
Does it depends on what Linux I have on the Zedboard?

how do I do it?

thank you!
idan.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Using the amba bus

Hi,

What data do you need to send?

Please check this link and see if it helps

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Processor-System-Design/%D0%A1onnection-PS-and-PL-in-ZYNQ/td-p/278520

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos

It depends on how you are connecting your PL side peripherals with PS - HP or GP interface and what kind of data transfer you want to make? Ideal methodology would be to use an axi_dma IP in PL to receive/send data via the AXI HP or GP interfaces and you can find the axi_dma drivers and API's in the install.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor fictive
Visitor

Thank you!

Which of these transfer types enables the processing system intervention?
And for example I have got data from the Ethernet to the ps section. Now I want to transfer this data to the pl section via the amba bus.. (Cause Dma does not intervention the cpu?)
0 Kudos