UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor cyril2710
Visitor

VDMA & Genlock Configuration

Hello everyone,

I'm currently trying to setting up a system where i'm using the TPG and the AXI VDMA, the purpose is to display a green pattern with HDMI Port.

Board -> Avnet ZedBoard

Device -> Zynq 7000 - xc7z020

Video Resolution -> 1920 * 1080p

I'm having some issues .

This is the configuration of the TPG:

TPGConfiguration.png

The TPG is configured to display a green pattern, and the VDMA uses both channels, S2MM and MM2S. I have configured the both channel like this:

-> S2MM : Genlock Dynamic-master With TUSER Fsync

-> MM2S : Genlock Dynamic-Slave on Free-Running

The other configurations of the VDMA are:

VDMABusConfiguration.png

I have already tried by setting up the burst size by 8 bits, nothing changes at all.

The issue is located at the AXI4-S to Video Out IP, the locked bit is never activated. The block is configured in Master mode and the VTC is configured for 1080p.

AXI4SVidOutConfiguration.png

I tried to reduce the video format frequency from 60 Hz to 24/30 Hz, because i thought it was a bandwidth issue between the VDMA and the ZYNQ. I can't see any change.

I checked all signals from TPG, from VDMA, from the Converters (RGB to YCrCb and to 4:2:2), from the input of AXI4-S to Vid Out, and all the signals are transmitted correctly, but at the output of the AXI4-S to Vid Out IP, the signals are completely stuck at LOW.

After some tests, i realized that the VDMA was the source of the issue, but i don't really know if it's a Genlock configuration issue, an issue from the interconnection between VDMA and DDR (via Zynq 7000), or a software issue.

I don't really know what to do at this time.

Does anyone have an idea to resole this issue?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: VDMA & Genlock Configuration

Hello,

For the most part, the setup (at least from hardware) looks pretty good. The one glaring issue is that the vid_io_out_clk on the AXIS2VidOut core needs to be on the same clock domain as the VTC. This could definitely cause it to fail to lock.

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Visitor cyril2710
Visitor

Re: VDMA & Genlock Configuration

Hi bwiec & thanks for the answer !

I fixed what you said about the vid_out_clk. But the issue is still here, i'm still having black screen.

I was thinking about how the software could cause a lock fail, but i don't really know how this could happen...

Cyril

0 Kudos