cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

What are the steps to be followed to write the device driver for ADC in Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC based controller.?

Hi,

Am working on XAZU3EG-SFVA625-1-i controller which is based on UltraScale+ MPSoC family.

I want to know what are the steps to follow to enable the ADC which is Present in the PS/PL section as shown below.

ADC.JPG

Till now I have enabled all the peripherals in vivado , generated the bit stream and created the application project in SDK by using 'Peripheral template'.

I want to know the further steps to be follow on how to access the ADC so I can connect external sensor to mesure the supply voltage and current.

Following is the information about block diagram and its configuration

Block diagram.JPG

Configuration.JPG

Following is the information about the project created in Xilinx SDK

SDK.JPG

Please help me it means a lot. Thanks in advance !!

Please let me know if I need to give any furhter information.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: What are the steps to be followed to write the device driver for ADC in Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC based controller.?

You are correct there are 2 system monitors, one for the ps and other in the pl. 

You can use either to monitor on chip temperature and supplies. 

Only the pl side one can monitor external analog inputs.

We provide a software driver for the PS SYSMON (it also covers the PL one when you don't have it instantiated in your design)

Xilinx also provide a PL SYSMON driver that can be used when you've got the system management wizard in your PL design.

You should create your BSP based on the HDF, look for the system management wizard in BSP summary tab and you'll see the associated driver. The driver comes with examples that you can pull into your Workspace so that should be enough to get you started 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Highlighted

Re: What are the steps to be followed to write the device driver for ADC in Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC based controller.?

sdk shows the driver for the PL System management wizard in the system.msssysmon_driver.PNG

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I got to know that there is 1 dedicated differential analog-input pair to connect to external channel.

I also enabled one analog channel from bank 64 to connect external device so I can read the values

SMW.JPG

But am not able to get the pin details after going throuhg schematic of the same as below or which is the signal name for dedicated signal.

Bank64.JPG

Please help me to get the singal name.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos