UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor paulbrause
Visitor

XPS_TFT on Spartan-3a DSP 3400a

Hello,

I'm doing my first steps with FPGAs and the Xilinx Tools and the LCD is already running :)
But now I'm trying to get the xps_tft IP running on my Spartan-3a devboard using EDK 11.2 but nothing happens on the tft.
Before I post a lot of code, please, can anyone tell me how do I figure out how I have to configure the pins (IOSTANDARD etc) in the system.ucf?
I attached some parts out of my system.ucf/.mhs, maybe anyone find the failure(s).

Thanks a lot,
Alex!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Visitor josatvf
Visitor

Re: XPS_TFT on Spartan-3a DSP 3400a

Has anyone already managed to get this working? I have found the pin configurations in the documentation and the reference documents, but the monitor does not receive sync signals.

The reference designs use other custom IP, but I would like to use the standard IP library only.

My guess is that some software initialization is missing (I2C programming).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tommy Kamps

0 Kudos
Visitor paulbrause
Visitor

I didn't continue trying to get the xps_tft working. Have you tried the sw examples in this thread?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The XPS TFT attempts to configure the Chrontel DVI chip (using IIC) itself.  I believe the 3400 board has an IIC mux on this bus, and I don't know that the Chrontel is selected by default.  I think you will probably need to use an xps_iic core in your system, and configure the mux and Chrontel with your own software.

-Brian

0 Kudos