UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

XPS_ll_temac integration into the echo server design on ISE 13.1 and SP601 board.

Hello

I have succesfully run the echo server from both the application template in the SDK and from the XAPP1026 application note. Now i want to improve the design so that it can communicate at 1 gbps. I have looked into the documentation and found that the basic echo server example in the template and the XAPP1026 uses a axi_ethernetlite EMAC ip. This can support only speeds of 10 , 100 Mbps. In order to communicate at 1000 Mbps (1Gbps) i need to use the axi_ethernet EMAC core or the xps_ll_temac core. 

Can any one suggest to me how to go about to integrate this to the application. And reference , step by step guid  or anything at all that can help me get started in the right direction would be helpful.

Thanks a lot .

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: XPS_ll_temac integration into the echo server design on ISE 13.1 and SP601 board.

If you are not using any kind of DMA then hardware-wise ethernetlite and temac cores are not so much different. Since you have an official Xilinx board supported by the EDK you should be able to easily create system with TEMAC core, and XPS will take care of all necessary constraints. When it comes to software, Echo server is one of the generic examples in SDK and you should have no trouble compiling it for your desired system with the TEMAC core.

0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

Re: XPS_ll_temac integration into the echo server design on ISE 13.1 and SP601 board.

Okay so here goes. I tried to implement the design using the xps_ll_temac and it faced some problem. However i was able to get the xps successfully exported to the sdk using the axi_ethernet IP. However when the SDk complies it gives me the following errors : 

'accept_callback' undeclared (first use in this function)   
'ERR_OK' undeclared (first use in this function)  
'err_t' undeclared (first use in this function)   
'err' undeclared (first use in this function)  
'IP_ADDR_ANY' undeclared (first use in this function)   
expected ';' before 'err'   
expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'accept_callback'   
expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'recv_callback'  
lwip/err.h: No such file or directory   
lwip/tcp.h: No such file or directory  
make: *** [microblaze_0/lib/libxil.a]
make: *** [src/echo.o]
make: Target `all' not remade because of errors. 

I feel it is not able to link the libraries properly. It is not able to detect the lwip/err.h and the lwip/tcp.h file at all! Any suggestions on how to solve this?

0 Kudos