UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

ZCU102 LWIP GEM 3

Hello,

My GEM 3 interface is being used to run a bare metal LWIP example. All I changed was the variable "mac_ethernet_address[]" to match my board address. It gets stuck after autonegotiation. Please see the attached file. I have no idea how to get past this. Thank you for your time.

LWIP.PNG
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: ZCU102 LWIP GEM 3

Can you step through the code in SDK to see where it is getting Stuck?

Does this work without your mods?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: ZCU102 LWIP GEM 3

Hi @stephenm ,

I will share a screenshot of my BSP settings. Should I be setting temac and the other one to 0 instead of 1? Should I not be using DHCP? Will this example even work bare metal or do I need FreeRTOS?

I tried running with the default MAC address loaded by the program and the MAC address of my actual board. Both ended with the same result. This is literally the only line I modified.

It gets hung deeper in the "if (!xemac_add(echo_netif, &ipaddr, &netmask," line. It never gets to the following line, "netif_set_default(echo_netif); ". As I step in/over I end up with the last line of execution being in line 184 in file "netif.c". I have attached a screenshot of this as well (line is highlighted in blue).

Thank you for helping out.

LWIP Template Selection.PNG
LWIP BSP.PNG
LWIP Line.PNG
0 Kudos