UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer wadenaka87
Observer

ZCU102 Memory Test Example Hangs

Jump to solution

Hi,

I've attempted to build the Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC example in Vivado utilizing the APU, GPIO (base address 0xA000_0000) and BRAM controller (base address 0xB000_0000) without modification for the ZCU102 board.  I exported the hardware design to Xilinx SDK and created a BSP based off it.  I then created the memory test application and verified that the BRAM controller based address matched the value found in the address editor for the top level block design.

When I execute the test the APU hangs at the first write operation which writes to the base address of the BRAM controller.  This requires me to reset the entire board to allow me to reprogram the bit file.

The BIST passes and I'm able to insert some other IP that I have but I'm stuck at reading/writing using the AXI bus.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Wade

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer wadenaka87
Observer

Re: ZCU102 Memory Test Example Hangs

Jump to solution

I found this post which seems to have solved my issue.  https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/FPGA-register-write-hangs/m-p/490732  I enabled the "PL reset" option in the debug configurations for Xilinx SDK.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Observer wadenaka87
Observer

Re: ZCU102 Memory Test Example Hangs

Jump to solution

I found this post which seems to have solved my issue.  https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/FPGA-register-write-hangs/m-p/490732  I enabled the "PL reset" option in the debug configurations for Xilinx SDK.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos