UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant sjg69
Participant

Zynq 7000 - Multiboot woes

I'm trying to generate a system where:

- the user image is at 0x0 in QSPI address space

- the golden image is at 0x1000000 in QSPI address space

- if there is something wrong with the user image, the golden image will eventually boot.

From reading http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/x4.%20Time%20for%20Multiboot%20from%20QSPI it seems that this ought to work, because 0x1000000 is on a 32k boundary. 

Both the user image and the golden image contain (in order) a FSBL image, the bitstream, and the corresponding elf image. 

If I load either the golden master or the user image at 0x0, the device will boot just fine into that image.

If I load the user image at 0x0, the golden image at 0x1000000, then the user image loads and boots

If I then corrupt the user image by erasing the first 0x4000 bytes to 0xFF, and hit the reset button, the system never boots.

I can see that the correct QSPI addresses are being erased/written so it looks as though the golden image search isn't finding my golden master image for some reason. Anyone any clues ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Zynq 7000 - Multiboot woes

Please note that multiboot is not supported with pre-production devices (http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/47588.html). Please ensure that you are targeting a production silicon.

Can you please read REBOOT_STATUS post boot failure to read the BOOTROM error code from it. This helps in understanding at what stage the boot fails.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos