UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Zynq DDR2 and tFAW-parameter for ISSI device

Dear Forum,

Having only worked with Xilinx Zynq dev-kits to date, I am now having to setup a custom DDR2 interface for the PS in a Zynq 7030 device. In the ISSI datasheet I have managed to find all but one of the parameters that are required to fill in the Zynq-PS DDR-configuration wizard. 

Can anyone tell me where I will find or how I should calculate tFAW(ns). The ISSI chip in question is an IS43DR16160B-37CBL.

TTFN.

DJE666

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Zynq DDR2 and tFAW-parameter for ISSI device

I'd suggest first checking with ISSI. Otherwise, perhaps check the JEDEC standard. And finally, check other vendor datasheets.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Zynq DDR2 and tFAW-parameter for ISSI device

tFAW is only relevant when a device has >4 banks. The ISSI device referenced only has 4 banks. A good explanation of tFAW is in the Tech Note below.

https://www.micron.com/~/media/documents/products/technical-note/dram/tn4716.pdf

Since it is irrelevant, I would guess that you could put anything you want in there. However, if you want to be safe, you could put 4 * tRRD = 40 ns. Maybe someone at Xilinx could confirm that.

Bryan