UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor faumic
Visitor

Zynq MPSoC MIO disable Pullups in Hardware

Jump to solution

Hello,

during the bring-up of a board with a Zynq MPSoC (2EG) i noticed that the MIO-Pins have internal pullups enabled (Absolutely no software running yet). I was assuming this is not the case if PUDC is High - but obviously this is only valid for the PL-IOs.

- Is there any chance to disable the MIO pullups via hardware configuration?
- Where can i find the specification of these pullups (Typical resistance etc.)?

Regards
Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Zynq MPSoC MIO disable Pullups in Hardware

Jump to solution

MIO pullup setting is controlled by the registers and the reset value of registers are set to internal pull-up.
See Table 28-2: MIO Control Registers from ug1085 for MIO registers.
Some boot relative MIO pins state might be changed by bootRom during boot.
The user can control the MIO state from in FSBL, pus_init will change Pull up/down per your setting in PCW.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Zynq MPSoC MIO disable Pullups in Hardware

Jump to solution

MIO pullup setting is controlled by the registers and the reset value of registers are set to internal pull-up.
See Table 28-2: MIO Control Registers from ug1085 for MIO registers.
Some boot relative MIO pins state might be changed by bootRom during boot.
The user can control the MIO state from in FSBL, pus_init will change Pull up/down per your setting in PCW.

View solution in original post