UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Zynq Standby mode

Hi,

I use a Zedboard and I would like put the zynq in a standby mode (page 110 : http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug585-Zynq-7000-TRM.pdf) but I don't know how I can do this. I use Xilinx SDK for program Zynq.

Have you got any examples ?

Thanks

Jo

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Scholar trenz-al
Scholar

Re: Zynq Standby mode

just do it, where is the problem?

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Yes but how ?

What is the function in C for put the proceesor in standby mode ?

Jo

0 Kudos
Scholar trenz-al
Scholar

c is a standard for an formal language.

c knows nothing about zynq or standby, hence there is no function in c that does it.

you need to write it.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Yes I know but Xilinx SDK generate many librairies for using the zynq and it don't have a lib for do that ?

In the UG585 (page 110) it say that it is necessary to set some bits in the mpcore.SCU_CONTROL_REGISTER for put the zynq in standby mode but which bit and how ?

I am new user with Zynq and ARM processor, where I can find the description of differents registers in the ARM processor ?

Jo

0 Kudos
Scholar trenz-al
Scholar

read Zynq TRM it must be described there.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

I follow this step :

Enter Sleep Mode

A CPU must execute the following steps to enter sleep mode from normal run mode:

1.Disable interrupts. Execute cpsid if.

2.Configure wake-up device.

3.Enable L2 cache dynamic clock gating. Set l2cpl310.reg15_power_ctrl[dynamic_clk_gating_en]=1.

4.Enable SCU standby mode. Set mpcore.SCU_CONTROL_REGISTER[SCU_standby_enable] = 1.

5.Enable topswitch clock stop. Set slcr.TOPSW_CLK_CTRL[CLK_DIS] = 1.

6.Enable Cortex-A9 dynamic clock gating. Set cp15.power_control_register[dynamic_clock_gating] =1.

7.Put the external DDR memory into self-refresh mode. Refer to section 10.9.6 DDR Power Reduction

8.Put the PLLs into bypass mode. Set slcr.{ARM, DDR, IO}_PLL_CTRL[PLL_BYPASS_FORCE] = 1.

9.Shut down the PLLs. Set slcr.{ARM, DDR, IO}_PLL_CTRL[PLL_PWRDWN] = 1.

10.Increase the clock divisor to slow down the CPU clock. Set slcr.ARM_CLK_CTRL[DIVISOR] = 0x3f

11.Execute the wfi instruction to enter WFI mode.

Exit Sleep Mode

To exit from sleep mode:

1.Restore CPU clock divisor setting. Set slcr.ARM_CLK_CTRL[DIVISOR] = <original value>.

2.Power on the PLLs. Set slcr.{ARM, DDR, IO}_PLL_CTRL[PLL_PWRDWN] = 0.

3.Wait for PLL power-on and lock. Wait for slcr.PLL_STATUS[{ARM, DDR, IO}_PLL_LOCK] == 1.

4.Disable PLL bypass mode. Set slcr.{ARM, DDR, IO}_PLL_CTRL[PLL_BYPASS_FORCE] = 0.

5.Disable L2 cache dynamic clock gating. Set l2cpl310.reg15_power_ctrl[dynamic_clk_gating_en]=0.

6.Disable SCU standby mode. Set mpcore.SCU_CONTROL_REGISTER[SCU_standby_enable] = 0.

7.Disable Interconnect clock stop. Set slcr.TOPSW_CLK_CTRL[CLK_DIS] = 0.

8.Disable Cortex-A9 dynamic clock gating. Set cp15.power_control_register[dynamic_clock_gating] =0.

9. Enable all required peripheral devices, including DDR controller clocks.

10.Re-enable and serve interrupts. Execute cpsie if.

In the Xilinx SDK, all registers are unknows.

Visitor linh20111789
Visitor

YOU RIGHT

@jordanairbusds wrote:

I follow this step :

Enter Sleep Mode

A CPU must execute the following steps to enter sleep mode from normal run mode:

1.Disable interrupts. Execute cpsid if.

2.Configure wake-up device.

3.Enable L2 cache dynamic clock gating. Set l2cpl310.reg15_power_ctrl[dynamic_clk_gating_en]=1.

4.Enable SCU standby mode. Set mpcore.SCU_CONTROL_REGISTER[SCU_standby_enable] = 1.

5.Enable topswitch clock stop. Set slcr.TOPSW_CLK_CTRL[CLK_DIS] = 1.

6.Enable Cortex-A9 dynamic clock gating. Set cp15.power_control_register[dynamic_clock_gating] =1.

7.Put the external DDR memory into self-refresh mode. Refer to section 10.9.6 DDR Power Reduction

8.Put the PLLs into bypass mode. Set slcr.{ARM, DDR, IO}_PLL_CTRL[PLL_BYPASS_FORCE] = 1.

9.Shut down the PLLs. Set slcr.{ARM, DDR, IO}_PLL_CTRL[PLL_PWRDWN] = 1.

10.Increase the clock divisor to slow down the CPU clock. Set slcr.ARM_CLK_CTRL[DIVISOR] = 0x3f

11.Execute the wfi instruction to enter WFI mode.

Exit Sleep Mode

To exit from sleep mode:

1.Restore CPU clock divisor setting. Set slcr.ARM_CLK_CTRL[DIVISOR] = <original value>.

2.Power on the PLLs. Set slcr.{ARM, DDR, IO}_PLL_CTRL[PLL_PWRDWN] = 0.

3.Wait for PLL power-on and lock. Wait for slcr.PLL_STATUS[{ARM, DDR, IO}_PLL_LOCK] == 1.

4.Disable PLL bypass mode. Set slcr.{ARM, DDR, IO}_PLL_CTRL[PLL_BYPASS_FORCE] = 0.

5.Disable L2 cache dynamic clock gating. Set l2cpl310.reg15_power_ctrl[dynamic_clk_gating_en]=0.

6.Disable SCU standby mode. Set mpcore.SCU_CONTROL_REGISTER[SCU_standby_enable] = 0.

7.Disable Interconnect clock stop. Set slcr.TOPSW_CLK_CTRL[CLK_DIS] = 0.

8.Disable Cortex-A9 dynamic clock gating. Set cp15.power_control_register[dynamic_clock_gating] =0.

9. Enable all required peripheral devices, including DDR controller clocks.

10.Re-enable and serve interrupts. Execute cpsie if.

In the Xilinx SDK, all registers are unknows.

0 Kudos