UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Zynq and Microblaze simulation?

Hi,

I'm working on zedboard and vivado 213.4 tool. I want to simulate my design composed of the Processing Zynq (dual ARM cortex-A9) and the Programmable Logic. The programmable Logic (PL) integrates four Microblazes wich communicates with the zynq. 

My goal is to simulate my entire system (ARM & Microblaze).

Could you tell me please how can i simulate a design with microblaze and ARM processors.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: Zynq and Microblaze simulation?

As of now, there is no hdl simulatable model for zynq's processor side. You can get a BFM model of zynq which models some of the peripheral and axi ports and generate transactions into the PL like the zynq would. I hear that Xilinx is working on a better zynq model.
Another option is to simulate the system using a system model ie use QEMU for zynq and link it with microblaze model. This mightt be quite a bit of work though.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Visitor pmnow
Visitor

Hello, Are you able 2 simulate the Hetrogenous Model?. Earlier i tried a similar thing in XPS with Zedboard---although my ARM processor was working fine but i was unable 2 run any microblaze......I was confused if Zynq is workable in XPS as some documents suggested Vivado should be used instead...

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This should work. How are you trying to do it?

Regards

Sikta

0 Kudos