UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor hafezmg48
Visitor

change fsl fifo depth error

Jump to solution
In xps when i create a custom coprocessor with fsl core default settings every thing is fine. But when i try to increase fifo depth from 16 to other numbers, bitstream doesn't generate and xps gives error.

Any idea,
Tnx
Do not go gentle into that goodnight. Rage, Rage, against the dying of the light!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: change fsl fifo depth error

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am able to see this problem. Do you want to use the FSL_S_Control and FSL_M_Control in your design?

Looking at your MHS, i dont see these connections being given.

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Would that be possible to attach your MHS and the error message you are seeing?

--Hem

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Visitor hafezmg48
Visitor

Jump to solution

tnx for reply,

the error was saying that control bit of fsl bus is trimmed.

I solved the error by going to fsl core ip and unchecking the check box of "propagate control bit".

bitstream generation was successful, but I wonder why this error happens? why should fsl fifo depth have any relation with control bits of fifo!

I attached mhs file. can you also tell me how would you use an mhs file?

many tnx

Do not go gentle into that goodnight. Rage, Rage, against the dying of the light!
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am able to see this problem. Do you want to use the FSL_S_Control and FSL_M_Control in your design?

Looking at your MHS, i dont see these connections being given.

--Hem

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Visitor hafezmg48
Visitor

Jump to solution
Oh that's it.
So you mean that this happens because i didn't connect control bits to anywhere. Meaning that if i have connected them to somewhere the trim error would not occur.

Tnx guys
0 Kudos