UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer skor
Observer

enabling hidden parameters in Zynq7000 for AXIVDMA v6.2 IP

I am trying to enable debug parameters to AXI VDMA IP. I have followed the instructions given in the IP document (attached) in appendix c.  I get following error messages when trying to run the tcl command in Vivado :

set_property -dict [list CONFIG.c_enable_debug_all {1}] [get_ips embv_python1300c_fb_axi_vdma_1_0]
ERROR: [Vivado 12-1506] Parameter properties may not be directly modified for scoped IP.  Please interact with the parent in order to modify scoped IP.
ERROR: [Vivado 12-1342] Failed to set property 'CONFIG.c_enable_debug_all' on IP 'embv_python1300c_fb_axi_vdma_1_0'.
INFO: [Common 17-17] undo 'set_property -dict [list CONFIG.c_enable_debug_all {1}] [get_ips embv_python1300c_fb_axi_vdma_1_0]'

There are to axi_vdma Ip's in the design. what is the parent referring here?

BR. Skor

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: enabling hidden parameters in Zynq7000 for AXIVDMA v6.2 IP

try using get_bd_cells to find the IP instantiation instead of get_ips
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: enabling hidden parameters in Zynq7000 for AXIVDMA v6.2 IP

Scoped IP generally refers to a lower level of a hierarchical IP. 

If your VDMA was added explicitly by you into the BD, I would not think that this applies. 

However, if for example your BD is named "embv" and you add an IP block named "python1300c_fb" that contains a VDMA IP core within it, "python1300c_fb" would be the parent IP. 

0 Kudos