UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer martur
Observer

how to display the result??

hi,

i really don't know where to place the topic..so if administrators think that here is not the right place,i hopethat they replace it in the  good section.

so, i'm working on spartan 3E board, i must cerate a design (achitecture) which runs  a simple software application..then creating the .bin file which wil be implemented in the board.

so,my application has two tasks (2 functions) the first one is run in a mips processor and the second one in a coprocessor..

and the mips processor get the result calculated by the coprocessor and it will compare it with the one calculated by itself..if the result is the same so there is a variable "out" will be set for "1" and if the result is not the same so "out"=0.

now..the variable "out" should be connected to a LED in the spartan board in order to observe the result  in the board(a light if out=1 and off if out=0), but the problem is that i don't know how to do it. i know that in the pin allocation task i should  allocate a port from the mips processor to the pin corespending to the LED..but,how to ensure that the processor port corresponds to the "out" variable?which processor port should i choose?shoud i make an independing task to the "out" assign??

i really don't know how to start..any idea from your part may be helpfull..

thank you in advance 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: how to display the result??

Hi Martur

it looks you are using a mips softcore. Basically, there should be some gpio on the mips core (same as our micorblaze or other processor core), you can use these gpio cores to light the LEDs
0 Kudos