UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

link microblaze, bit and elf file

Jump to solution

using Vivado 2017.2 whats the best way to link the bit and elf file.

currently if I program the bit then run elf from SDK it work. but using updateMem command couldn't get my DMA working.  I suspect it has to do with memory association etc.

do I need generate a memory configuration file or MMI or others? any guide.  I am using a MIG so I don't know if that's the issue

when running updatemem I got these error, seem due to my MIG which is at address 0x8000000

Command: update_mem -meminfo test.mmi -data test.elf -proc design_1_inst/mb_ss/microblaze_0 -bit test.bit -out test_out.bit
CRITICAL WARNING: [Updatemem 57-172] The elf file code segment 1 with a defined address range of [0x80000000:0x8004D5A3] does not match any existing address spaces as defined in the mmi file. Check the elf file and the mmi file for consistency.
0 Infos, 0 Warnings, 1 Critical Warnings and 1 Errors encountered.
update_mem failed
update_mem: Time (s): cpu = 00:00:05 ; elapsed = 00:00:05 . Memory (MB): peak = 193.996 ; gain = 142.863
ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'update_mem' failed due to earlier errors.

INFO: [Common 17-206] Exiting updatemem at Mon Feb 26 14:19:57 2018...
ERROR: [Updatemem 57-153] Failed to update the BRAM INIT strings for amc598_tool.elf and test.mmi.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: link microblaze, bit and elf file

Jump to solution

Hi @s002wjhw,

You need to have your code in local BRAM. You cannot initialize the DDR memory with the bitstream.

Change the memory in the linker settings

Hope that helps,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @s002wjhw,

You need to have your code in local BRAM. You cannot initialize the DDR memory with the bitstream.

Change the memory in the linker settings

Hope that helps,

Florent
0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

I did change the linker file, but now i'm getting axi dma interrupt handler error.  The design is similar to Xapp1026 where axi Ethernet connect to dma, connect to DDR.  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @s002wjhw,

As the initial issue is solved, you should close this topic by marking it as solved and create a new topic for the axi dma interrupt handler error giving details about what you get. Some other members of the community might have faces the same issue.

Regards,

Florent
0 Kudos