UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor heiko_haas
Visitor

resetting CPU only without resetting PL after private Watchdog reset.

Hello ,

I've a bare-metal software application running on Zynq7000 ARM CPU0.

after private Watchdog reset , I want to reset CPU only without PL. 

Question : is this possible ?

In FSBL I detected the WD Reset by reading out the Reset Reason register.

If last reset was WD Reset AWDT0 , the we jumped directly to application start without doing bitstream load.

The application came up, but seems that interrupt, timer etc. do not work. SW hangs when initialising IRQ system.

In another try we set register slcr.RS_AWDT_CTRL[CTRL0] == 1 : The CPU0 seems to be reset, but the application Software does not start .

How can I reset CPU only without resetting the PL ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: resetting CPU only without resetting PL after private Watchdog reset.

Hi @heiko_haas,

CPU reset is applied through the A9_CPU_RST_CTRL.A9_RSTx register, write 1 to  A9_RSTx to assert reset to the CPU.

For more information refer UG585 document.

Best Regards
Abhinay PS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Visitor heiko_haas
Visitor

Re: resetting CPU only without resetting PL after private Watchdog reset.

yes , I know that CPU reset is applied through the A9_CPU_RST_CTRL.A9_RSTx register, but problem is that CPU does not come up again. IT does not restart. What has to be done that CPU jumps into application code again ?
0 Kudos