UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer lilongguang
Observer

sdk flash program

I wrote a program ,and generate .elf file .and in its linkerscript file.I choose all his code data and stack and heap in the flash. but when I choose the menu Xilinx Tools->Program FPGA->.elf to initialize the block ram ,It reports error. When I choose to program FLASH,it shows success(I have installed the CFI flash controller).but the appliction seems not to work in the flash.I just don't understand how to download my program into flash and my programs can also make my program work well.because block ram is too little .so I want my code into the flash ,and can work well when power up.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: sdk flash program

usually, we can have a bootloader run in BRAM and load the sw app from Flash to external big DRAM, and run program in DRAM.

Or, if you want to put the read only sections in flash, and run from it, you can refer to AR#23748
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/23748.htm
0 Kudos
Visitor eslnkc
Visitor

Re: sdk flash program

Dear Joshualu,

How can we have the following to work: "we can have a bootloader run in BRAM and load the sw app from Flash to external big DRAM, and run program in DRAM."

How can we get the bootloader?? is it automatically generated??

Can you give more details on how to have the bitstream an sw application stored in the flash and the FPGA running the sw application on the DDR3 (ML605).

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos