UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

using PS SPI_0 on Zynq in master mode, transfer a byte to PMOD port and check on logic analyser

Hello,

I am trying to send a signal to the PMOD port using functions in x.spips.h and x.spips.c with the zynq processor in MASTER MODE.I have enabled the SPI_0 port on Zynq processor and after implementing the design, assigned pins corresponding to PMOD port JA1. Now I want to send a byte to the MOSI line of SPI and check the value on oscilloscope or logic analyser. I have attached the image formats of block design and constraints file. 

Thanks in advance....

Tags (4)
SPI_blockdesign_SUCCESS.PNG
SPI_constraints_SUCCESS.PNG
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: using PS SPI_0 on Zynq in master mode, transfer a byte to PMOD port and check on logic analyser

Hi @krishnachandrasekhar100 ,

This looks good.

Were you able to achieve the results as expected over oscilloscope?

What is the issue you are encountering?

Regards

Praveen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Re: using PS SPI_0 on Zynq in master mode, transfer a byte to PMOD port and check on logic analyser

Yes, I got the expected output after removing lines 10 and 11 in the constraints file(shown in image of previous post) and adding appropriate code in SDK.

The issue was that I could not observe the clock and data signals on the oscilloscope when I connected probe. After applying the changes, I could observe the signals.

Thanks,

Chandrasekhar D

0 Kudos