UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer parijatbajpai
Observer

web server

hi ,

i m newbie in networking domain.

I am using XAPP1026 designs.

there are two types of s/w applications there

1. RAW API

2. SOCKET API

In LWIP documentation there are 3 H/W designs recommended for LLTEMAC

1. Using SDMA recommended for LLTEMAC

2. Using LLFIFO

3. Using ethernetlite recommended for LLTEMAC

i am confused  when to usewhich H/W configuration with which S/w configuration and when to use ethernetlite...

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: web server

Hi,

Please have a look at the performace/throughput section of xapp1026. This can help you decide which HW (FIFO/DMA) configuations you want to choose.

For the differences betwen ethernet and ethernetlite core you can refer to the data sheet.

Thanks,
Nan

"Don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as solution."
0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

LWIP is low weight IP  an open source TCP/IP networking stack which supports LLFIFO follows local link protocol...

Basically xapp1026 gives networking capability to an embedded system using power PC or Micro Blaze processor.

Applications ike Webserver,Echo Server,TFTP server can be targetted using this.

Which deivr you are using for Targetting Webserver application?

0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

1.The ML605_AXI and SP605_AXI hardware systems support full checksum (both TCP and IP checksums)

offload feature.

2.The ML605_PLB and SP605_PLB hardware systems support partial checksum (TCP checksum) offload

feature.

3.The SP601_AXI and SP601_PLB systems are Ethernetlite systems and built with PING-PONG buffers.

If you are teargetting ML605 you should use xps_ll_temac.

Basicaly these are IP cores targetting specific devices like Virtex-6 & Spartan-6 with PLB & AXI Bus Interafces.

0 Kudos