UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webserver ethernet GPIO control

Hi,

I am new to embedded world and networking and am using ZedBoard (Z020). I have been working on a project where I want to turn on a LED or any pin on PMOD using web browser.

This is where I am. I have SDK up and running and I use peripheral example of the SDK to interact with GPIO (switches->LED). I was able to tweak the code to write switch values on LEDs.

I understand that I need to have a webserver on the board and also need to get to know how the socket or ethernet cable is programmed. Plus, I am not sure how to create a GUI(web page) on my webserver, like xilinx has in its lwIP manual

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1026.pdf

I have also looked at the project by Avnet where they have web-based control for a servo motor. I think that it is too complicated to tweak since their tutorial is to help customers to assemble.

Is anybody familiar with creating a "simple" webserver?

Should I use SDK example which is just a echo server?(will that help me!)

OR

Is it better to move to linux?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Daniel Moham

Daniel Moham
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor webphy
Visitor

Re: webserver ethernet GPIO control

Try WebPHY DATABUS, a web server IP core for FPGAs.  It requires little to no knowledge of networking or software and is up and running in minutes: www.webphyfpga.com

0 Kudos